We get lots of questions from people interested in YPB about how things work around here. So here are some pointers for those first-timers to make your first a little easier:
1. Most of our classes are appropriate for beginners, with the exception of Hot Vinyasa Yoga. But if you have any serious health concerns, please contact us first so that we can steer you in the right direction.
2. When you are ready to come to a class, you just need to show up a few minutes early so we can have you fill out registration, show you around and get you set up for the class.
3. If you have a Yoga mat, bring it with you. If you do not, we rent them here for $1 or we sell them here for $25. You may also want to bring a water and a towel.
4. Wear something comfortable that you can easily move in, but that is not too baggy. We hang upside down a lot and you do not want your clothes flying over your head. Also, be prepared to practice barefoot.
5. The atmosphere in our classes is relaxing and quiet. Try to save your questions for before and after class so that everyone can stay focused and calm during their practice.
6. We lock the doors once class has started, so if you are late, you will more than likely get locked out!
Our teachers are here to answer any questions you have before and after classes, so please feel free to talk to us.